Services and Programs
Presentations and Exhibits
Garry Sowerby is available for speaking engagements, presentations and exhibits with his record-setting vehicles.
Garry has been the keynote speaker at the Annual World Congress on Adventure Travel and Eco-Tourism in Chile and has spoken at the annual General Meetings for various international corporations.
He has diverse experience in:
- Corporate Meetings and Retreats as a motivational speaker
- Community Service Clubs such as Rotary and Kiwanis as a guest speaker for monthly meetings and special events
- Library Readings as author of a book of short stories and a bi-weekly column in the Chronicle-Herald
- Guest Geography Teacher at all school levels
- Dealer Incentive Activities
- Community Fairs
Topic highlights include:
- raising sponsorship and corporate funding
- pure adventure
- adventure as a career
- setting and attaining achievable goals
- staying focused
- maintaining motivation in adversity
- execution of a plan: plan the drive, drive the plan
- geography: small world/big world
He also has participated in international auto shows, small community show-and-shine car shows. Garry’s record-setting vehicles have been feature exhibits at:
- Petersen Automotive Museum, Los Angeles, California (5 years — 3 vehicles)
- Nova Scotia Museum of Industry (1 year — 3 vehicles)
The 1988 Pan-American Challenge Sierra will be on the road for most of 2005, touring Canada as part of the on-going book launch of Sowerby’s Road… Adventures of a Driven Mind.
Currently, most of Garry’s vehicles are in The Garage awaiting their next mission.
Vehicles available for display (as a group or single-vehicle display)
- 1980 Around the World Volvo DL wagon
- 1984 GMC Africa-Arctic Suburban
- 1988 GMC Pan-American Sierra